Thursday, December 29, 2016

CARRIE FISHER didn't Love that Famous STAR WARS Gold Bikini as Much as You did !


As the world continues to try and wrap its head around the fact that we lost Carrie Fisher, a plethora of memories spring to the forefront, ranging from her iconic roles, her contributions to TV and film, her feminist pride, and, of course, her famous Star Wars attire.
Aside from her Princess Leia buns, Fisher’s character brought another style trademark to pop culture when she donned the ever-so-famous gold “slave” bikini in Return of the Jedi.
While many became big fans of the outfit (Ross Gellar wasn’t the only one), and some even channeled their inner Princess Leia for Halloween, the truth of the matter is Fisher didn’t really care for the get-up as much as everyone else did.
The actress told People in 1983, that the “slave Leia” costume wasn’t exactly the most comfortable thing she’s put on, explaining that, “I started checking for any bounce or slip after takes,” adding, “It was, ‘CUT. Hey, how they doin’? The hooters in place?'”
She was also unapologetic about her annoyance with having to constantly be mindful of her body positioning because she didn’t want to have any unflattering angles (#thestruggle).
Fisher once told NPR in an interview, that her scene, “was like, ‘Where am I in all of this?’ … I have to stay with the slug with the big tongue! Nearly naked, which is not a style choice for me. … It wasn’t my choice. When [director George Lucas] showed me the outfit, I thought he was kidding and it made me very nervous. I had to sit very straight because I couldn’t have lines on my sides, like little creases. No creases were allowed, so I had to sit very, very rigid straight.”
There was a payoff, though.
“What redeems it is I get to kill him, which was so enjoyable,” Fisher added. “I sawed his neck off with that chain that I killed him with. I really relished that because I hated wearing that outfit and sitting there rigid straight, and I couldn’t wait to kill him.”
Aside from the discomfort and posture-control, there was a deeper distaste for her ensemble, which stemmed from feeling belittled to a hot bod in a nearly naked outfit. And that’s something she made sure Star Wars actress Daisy Ridley would not tolerate.
You should fight for your outfit,” she reportedly told the star. “Don’t be a slave like I was.”
Despite the rough relationship with her onscreen wardrobe, Fisher still poked fun at the whole thing in her book Wishful Drinking, where she stated that when the time comes, she hopes her obituary would read, “I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.”
Fisher passed away on Tuesday after she suffered a heart attack on a flight from London to Los Angeles. She was 60 years old.
Speaking on behalf of her daughter Billie Lourd, the family’s spokesman Simon Halls announced the news. “It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” he told E! News in a statement. “She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”
While several celebrities and fans have taken to Twitter to mourn the late actress, some of Carrie’s fans in Hollywood found the PERFECT way to honor the 60-year-old.
After a beloved celeb passes, people in the Los Angeles area quite often flock to the artist’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame to pay tribute — but unfortunately, Miz Fisher does NOT have one!
Well, since there are PLENTY of people who love Billie Lourd‘s mom, fans decided to make their OWN star from one of the many blank ones near Grauman’s Chinese Theatre! SO SMART.
One Instagram user took to the picture sharing site to show off the star he made for the Star Wars icon as he posted:
YASSS! What’s MORE amazing, is just a couple hours later, another fan took a snap of the same pop up memorial and it already had a TON of love:
While both of Carrie’s parents, Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, each have a star on the Walk, we’re sure the late actress will get hers sooner rather than later.
There were also several fans who gathered outside of Grauman’s near where some of the Star Wars characters’ hand and footprints are located in order to pay tribute — though Fisher’s are not included.
We still can’t believe Miz Fisher and now her Mom is gone from a stroke while making funeral arrangements and our hearts go out to all of those affected by this tragic loss. The ladies were last seen together at the 2015 Screen Actors Guild award night.
The Way I See It.......the toughness Carrie showed playing Princess Leia was carried with her through her lifetime. The stress of failed marriages, alcohol and drug abuse always had her come up fighting. She didn't fear death.
“No,” Fisher told the Rolling Stone in an interview posted a month ago, when asked if she feared death. “I fear dying. Anything with pain associated with it, I don’t like. I’ve been there for a couple of people when they were dying; it didn’t look like fun. But if I was gonna do it, I’d want someone like me around. And I will be there!”
Fisher had joked about her future obituary in her 2008 memoir Wishful Drinking and the quote was widely circulated on social media after her death.
The actress said Star Wars creator George Lucas told her she could not wear a bra as Leia because “there’s no underwear in space” and that when one became weightless there, their bra would not expand with their body, so the garment would strangle them.

“Now I think that this would make for a fantastic obit—so I tell my younger friends that no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra,” Fisher wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment