Saturday, December 31, 2011
Friday, December 30, 2011
1) That he would end the recession and bring back a healthy, booming economy. Has he done it? Obviously not. The crash stopped because of the rescue of Wall Street by George W. Bush's bailout. I don't see any causative link between Obama's trillion-dollar "stimulus package" and his supersize deficits and the modest recovery there is. There is still extremely high unemployment and a housing foreclosure disaster that could take years to resolve. This was a failed promise.
2) That he would "reset'' relations with Russia.He promised to get friendly relations with this important country. Still the Russians mock the U.S. and balk at any cooperation in the U.N. and everywhere else. Another failure.
3) That he would go over the federal budget "line by line" to weed out waste and corruption that would save so much money to help balance the budget.This one was a laughter from day one. He could not possibly go through the millions of lines in the federal budget. It was just a nonsense. As it happened, we have a wildly bigger budget than ever before and deficits on a scale that is genuinely terrifying. So far...another big failure.
4) That he would bring peace to the Middle East.Another bad and naive promise. The Middle East is more dangerous than ever. Kicking out Mubarak from Egypt has given the land of the Nile an anti-Israel, anti-u.S. government that is already working hand in glove with the terrorists in Gaza. Libya has also joined the club. Fail!
5) That he would create a new, peaceful productive relationship with Iran.Oops! Did he really believe that? Was he delusional or just naive? He missed the opportunity to oust that scumbag regime when the young people rioted against rigged elections but sat on his hands instead of extending his support so the revolution eventually was crushed. Big failure.
The Way I See It....is that the man is an inept failure. He couldn't lead a dog down a street much less show some "balls" in the international arena. In an effort to woo over the Muslim world he seems to believe somehow that even criticism of radial extremists of Islam is a slap in the face to their religion as a whole. Americans are angry that he obviously has not taken the war on terror seriously enough, especially when they see that government officials won't even utter the word "Islamic radicalism." That smacks of APPEASEMENT! Maybe his Muslim roots are to blame.
The world knew how that great statesman Winston Churchill felt about appeasing one's enemy. To quote the great man: "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last." And to add insult to injury, Obama has insulted our two best friends in the world --Britain and Israel --by showing his contempt for them.
It is very hard to find any real pluses in his term so far with his Socialist agenda consistently undermining the very principles that was made America great. This is how great nations fold up. They get small men and women in Big jobs. He should definately not be voted back in as President.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Sunday, December 11, 2011
- A gradual decline in the ability to see objects clearly
- Distorted vision
- Dark or empty spaces blocking the central field of vision
- Dimming of colour vision
The Way I See It....there is currently no cure of Age-related Macular Degeneration but treatments are available that are aimed at maintaining the vision for as long possible. You must visit an eye doctor about seeing if other eye problems that affect vision can be detected. Also an up-to-date glasses prescription is important as well as getting any cataracts and glaucoma treated.
Aside from the new found belly-fat risk just mentioned, there is a now a well-established link between smoking and AMD....so it makes good sense for women as well as men to avoid or give up smoking as they enter their third trimester of Life.